The Source can be extracted from every existing binary version. You will also need some libraries:
Qt 4 (version >=4.3)
- Freetype 2
- tested Compilers: gcc, vc7
- zlib and freetype is normally installed on Linux, if not install it.
install Qt, if not version >=4.3 is available.
- run "qmake" in folder layout
- run "make" in folder layout
- run layout/install/maninstall
start the LayoutEditor and adjust the documentation directory and macro directory in the setup to the correct place.
run /usr/share/layout/layoutset to get menuentry and desktopicon for the LayoutEditor.
- install Qt
install freetype to "C:\Programme\GnuWin32\"
- install zlib
- open shell and change shell directory to the layout package
- run qmake
- run make / nmake (depends on your compiler)
- run the WIX tool on install/layout.wxs to create the installer
- run install/layout.msi
Mac OS X
The following instructions can be used for building LayoutEditor on MacOSX 10.4 and 10.5. We will first install the QT library, which is used for cross-platform support. Then we'll install Freetype2, which is used for fonts. Finally we'll install LayoutEditor.
Here's what you need before you get started
- Xcode 3.0, a free download from Apple. Follow their instructions and be sure to leave the "duplicate everything in /usr" option enabled during installation.
- Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app. In the following instructions there are chunks of text that you will need to copy and paste into the terminal.
- Download and install QT. Double-click the installer and follow their instructions.
- Install Freetype2 (you can copy and paste the following instructions into your terminal window)
- mkdir src cd src
curl -O http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/freetype/freetype-2.3.5.tar.gz tar xzf freetype-2.3.5.tar.gz cd freetype-2.3.5
- /configure --prefix=/usr/local make sudo make install sudo ln -s /usr/local/include/freetype2/freetype/ /usr/local/include/freetype cd ..
- mkdir src cd src
Download and build LayoutEditor. These instructions download the 2008-02-05 source code release, and need to be updated for future releases.
curl -O http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/layout/layout-20080205.tar.bz2 tar xf layout-20080205.tar.bz2 cd layout qmake -spec macx-g++ make
- mv bin/layout.app/ /Applications/ mv macros/ ~/Library/ mkdir ~/Library/Application\ Support/layout/ mv doc/ ~/Library/Application\ Support/layout mv macros/ ~/Library/Application\ Support/layout
If you're curious, we needed to make the freetype symbolic link so that the build process would go smoothly. Then we needed to pass a few arguments to qmake so that it didn't try making a bunch of XCode projects and giving you errors. Finally, we moved the application and the docs/macros folders to their appropriate places.